Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Greater Faith

The past few months I've spent a lot of time studying the life of Noah.

I'm inspired by his courage, faithfulness, and obedience.
I'm encouraged by the fact that Noah stood against things he knew were not from God. He stood against the influence of those around him. He didn't stop because the odds were against him. He spoke boldly in God's name and the Lord blessed him for it.

Two verses stood out to me as I studied Genesis and the life of this righteous man.
Genesis 6:22 says that after God gave him specific instructions for building the ark, "Noah did everything just as God commanded him."
Genesis 7:5 is what stood out to me the most- It says, "Noah did all that the Lord commanded him."

Notice this- Not only did Noah do everything the way God told him, he did it ALL.
He didn't do his own thing his own way to get the end result. He went with God's plan.
He acted on and followed through with every detail, "just as the LORD commanded."
Noah was faithful to every detail of God's instruction, all the way to the very end.
I firmly believe that if Noah would not have been a man of Action; he would not have been a man of faith. PERIOD. There is no way to have a strong faith in the Lord unless we act upon the commands that require great faith.

Noah's godly fear is what I love most about his life. He had such reverence for the Lord that he would not do anything that wasn't pleasing to Him. It's what made him so obedient to God.
What if Noah had not been obedient to the Lord? He could have lost his entire family.
If he had not followed God's instruction in building the Ark, it could have sank.

If we apply this to our own lives it's a scary thought, right?

There is so much I'm still learning about the life of Noah but I know that the characteristics of Noah are one's  I  want to possess. I want to have the same courage, obedience and faithfulness to the Lord in all that I strive to accomplish for Him and in all that He asks me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment