Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Friday, January 10, 2014

Hair!

I usually post more serious heartfelt things here on the blog but I love to throw in the occasional girly post here and there.
I've had several ladies ask how I get my hair to keep its volume so I wanted to share a few of my tricks. 
First of all let me just say I have the most amazing stylist who cuts and colors my hair. I credit all my good hair days to Keri Bailes at Ashley's Alley salon in Columbia, SC. She rocks! Go book an appt. with her stat! 
Some days I wake up and my hair decides it wants to have some texture and I don't have to do anything but brush it and set it with a spritz of my favorite hairspray. Other days, I wake up and it decides it wants to look stringy and lifeless and needs major attention.  I dislike those days... I'm a mom with two busy kiddo's and if you're a mom you know, in the words of sweet brown, "ain't nobody got time for dat." Those are the days I skip washing my nappy locks and pull out my dry shampoo! It's a miracle in a bottle. Seriously. 
I have two favorites when it comes to dry shampoo. 
For days I can splurge, I use Big Sexy hair volumizing dry shampoo.Found here.
For days when I'm on a budget, I use suave with keratin infusion.Found here.
Both are awesome and smell great!
I don't wash my hair everyday because I have super dry hair but even on the days when I've washed and conditioned my hair I still use my dry shampoo. Especially, if I need my hair to hold some curl. 
I also swear by backcombing (aka teasing) my hair. I learned how to backcomb like a pro in cosmetology school and I've been using this fast and easy trick ever since. 
Also, for my super wavy locks, after I use my dry shampoo (and lots of it) I curl my hair. 
I'm obsessed with my hot tools curling iron. 
I purchased a wand some time ago but hated the kinky curls it created so instead I took the clamp off of my 1" curling iron and I use it like a wand. It's perfect. Find yours here.

After curling my hair, I take small sections all over and backcomb the areas I want the most volume. Then, I strategically run my fingers through my locks and give it a little fluff. 

After getting dressed and before heading out the door, I give it another quick tousle  and smooth out all those extra fly-away's I get and...
Voila! Wavy, voluminous hair for days!



To set my curls and keep the volume, I use Chi enviro 54 hairspray. Its light and doesn't  give you that ridiculous looking helmet head that most hair spray does. It smells soooo good! It's a bit of a splurge but its the perfect hairspray. Find it here.
I hope this is helpful to all you gorgeous  ladies!! Go knock 'em dead with those gorgeous locks!
XOXO,
Jennifer 

Disclaimer- *I'm a beauty school drop out so backcombing may be the only thing I'm a pro at in the hair dept. 

4 comments:

  1. That disclaimer cracked me up. Really liked the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I've been having hair envy, so I'm glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it was helpful, Amy! 💛

    ReplyDelete