Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

fellow travelers.

So far this week I've been slightly hung up on fruit smoothies, quotes, searching deeper in God's word, C.S. Lewis': 'The Four Loves' and 'Mere Christianity'; and conversations with my sweet friends.

I've had the privilege of either chatting on the phone or hanging out with a few of my close friends over the past week. I hope I give as much back to them as they give to me.
I'm forever grateful for the friend who calls me with a bible passage to make me think and ponder life's greatest mysteries. For the friend who calls to encourage me, inspire me and help me out of 'the pit'. The friend who loves my little's like her own and makes me laugh until my side hurts. The one who moves my soul, sees my raw/naked personality, has been with me through the ugliest/darkest moments of my journey, and is always there to bless me because she's walked this road already.
Life has a way of filtering those who are not meant to be our fellow travelers until the end of our journey.
But God, for the christian- through our journey, orchestrates the friendships with whom we stay the course. Our fellow travelers with whom we will carry on.
Christ told the disciples, "You have not chosen one another, but I have chosen you for one another." C.S. Lewis pointed out in 'The Four Love's' that, "The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.
Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment