Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Monday, April 16, 2012

Quick remedy for a stomach bug and ramblings of an exhausted mommy!


This is what my morning is looks like thus far.



I just wanted to share this remedy that has been passed down in my family for who knows how long. Coffee for Mommy, a thermometer, Emetrol and ginger ale for baby:(

I'm no stranger to late nights and cleaning up throw up messes. For the first two years of Ellie Kate's life; my early mornings, midday's, evenings and nights were spent cleaning up throw up messes and comforting my sick baby girl. (We didn't find out the cause of her stomach issues until she was 2+ years old she had celiac disease) Unfortunately this remedy didn't help with her Celiac disease but it was always a quick fix to a stomach bug!

I'm full of ramblings tonight because I need some time to wind down from the adrenaline rush of a sick kid. (I know all you Mom's out there know what I am talking about!) 
Blogging helps me do that so, I thought I'd also share my innermost thoughts of the moment with you....

It never fails, as i'm whispering "its ok" while rubbing their backs, getting them cleaned up and into some fresh p.j.'s, then tending to the awful job of leaning over that awful smell to clean up the aftermath, I am beyond humbled.
In my short 5 1/2 years of mothering, I have learned a big life lesson-
Being a parent is full of humbling moments. It's full of laughter, tears, frustration, and sometimes what feels like insanity
BUT
I would not trade the gift of mothering for any other thing on earth.
 Not only is it a gift, it is my full-time job. My career. My occupation. 
 I would not trade changing dirty diapers, cleaning up throw up messes, toy trucks, barbie dolls, bedtime stories or smiles that could light up a night sky for anything in the world!
Sure, There are times I'm so sleepy I could cry. 
There are times I'd like to take a vacation without a care in the world or put my make up on without a certain little someone dumping my powder on the floor or using my eye-liner for a pen...... 
However, I do not believe that there is anything- no amount of sleep, no vacation on earth or endless supply of material things that could ever come close to making me feel as full-filled as the love I have for my children and knowing that God has entrusted me with the responsibility of raising these two precious, sometimes naughty, needy, and way too energized kids. 











1 comment:

  1. Andy's grandmother taught me about Emetrol many, many years ago. It has been a lifesaver around here!! Can't believe how many people have never heard of it!!

    ReplyDelete