Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Friday, September 26, 2014

It's the little things.

Ellie Kate asked me a while ago to start a Pinterest account for her. At first I was skeptical but since I monitor her while she is on I thought it could be a fun way for us to engage in some fun activities. I was scrolling through the kids activities page and found this quote:
Ellie Kate is a very visual child. 
I thought, "I should send this to her so when she gets home from school and opens the messages on her Pinterest she will be encouraged."
That's what I did and since then it has quickly become "our thing". I love seeing her light up when she opens up her account and sees that she has a new message.
Or the mile wide grin on her face when I pick her up from school bc she had a simple note in her lunch box.


I know she may eventually roll her eyes and it might not be cool to get these little messages from me, but I'm going to do it anyway and I'm going to soak every bit of it up.

Motherhood is hard. I feel like as Mother's we are sometimes pressured to go big or go home but Ellie Kate's reaction to these was a beautiful reminder that it really is the little things that mean the most to our kids.

Happy Friday! Have a beautiful weekend!







4 comments:

  1. "I feel like as Mother's we are sometimes pressured to go big or go home".......
    YES!!!!!
    And truly, God has only called us to be FAITHFUL!!!!
    We get so hung up on creating this Pinterest worthy life, and we forget that He first calls us to be faithful in small things.
    Great job Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn for always being so encouraging! Your are so right- He has only called us to be FAITHFUL..Great words of wisdom!

      Delete
  2. Amen to that, it's the little things. She may actually grow up liking you! My daughter recently told me that her friends think their moms are annoying and she feels bad for them because she really likes me! What could be better than that? Almost nothing!!!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Carolyn! I hope that's the case with my daughter too..You must be doing a super job bc you are right, almost nothing is better than that compliment!

      Delete