Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Monday, September 22, 2014

Quote of the day!

I've been spending a lot of time in the book of Proverbs lately, especially chapter 31. I'm always encouraged by Proverbs 31 and desire to engrave the essence of this passage in my heart. 

I'm also encouraged by the life and writings of Elisabeth Elliot. I believe she nailed it in this quote:
“To me, a lady is not frilly, flouncy, flippant, frivolous and fluff-brained, but she is gentle, she is gracious, she is godly and she is giving. You and I have the gift of femininity... the more womanly we are, the more manly men will be and the more God is glorified. Be women, be only women, be real women in obedience to God.” -Elisabeth Elliot


Proverbs 31:25-31
 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household

    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
I recently read THIS article from The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood as I was digging deeper into this passage of scripture. It's an in depth look at Proverbs 31.  

It encouraged me so much and reminded me that this passage of scripture is just as relevant today as it was then. 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment