Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Courtney.....

Happy Birthday to you!






Courtney,
I can't believe that today you turn 16! I was thinking about how fast the years have gone by, since the first time you came to visit me at my new apartment in Anderson.  That was the best week ever and I'm so glad your mom let you miss school those two days:)))


I can think of so many great "adventures" we have had.....some just you and I, but especially the one's during our "family dates"! We share so many fun memories and I will always think of those and smile, but mostly laugh because they were always eventful, and unique to say the least! 


I want to tell you that I love you and I am so proud of you! You are the best cousin ever; a great shopping partner, you always make me laugh, and my children adore you! You are fun to hang out with and definitely a free spirit! You are alot of things to me and I am thankful for you:)


Oh and you know I am going to leave you with a bible verse! Well, in this case several:)


Proverbs 3:1-18(The Message)
 1-2 Good friend, don't forget all I've taught you; take to heart my commands.
They'll help you live a long, long time,
   a long life lived full and well.

 3-4 Don't lose your grip on Love and Loyalty.
   Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart.
Earn a reputation for living well
   in God's eyes and the eyes of the people.

 5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.
   Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
   your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
   give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst,
   your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
   don't sulk under his loving correction.
It's the child he loves that God corrects;
   a father's delight is behind all this. 
 13-18 You're blessed when you meet Lady Wisdom,
   when you make friends with Madame Insight.
She's worth far more than money in the bank;
   her friendship is better than a big salary.
Her value exceeds all the trappings of wealth;
   nothing you could wish for holds a candle to her.
With one hand she gives long life,
   with the other she confers recognition.
Her manner is beautiful,
   her life wonderfully complete.
She's the very Tree of Life to those who embrace her.
   Hold her tight—and be blessed!


Happy Birthday Courtney, I love you!

1 comment: