Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Proverbs 31 and a birthday recap!

was reflecting on a few things as my birthday approached this year.
I guess because I was approaching my 31st birthday and because of association areas in the brain mixed with the truths of Gods words hidden in my heart, Proverbs 31:10-31 kept coming to mind .  
I know I'm not a wife anymore but I still get to be my children's mother and I still hold fast to truths of the characteristics of 'the wife of noble character' in Proverbs. 
Verse 28 says, "her children arise and call her blessed." 
I don't know that I'll ever be half the woman in Proverbs but I pray that my children call me blessed and see the blessings that come from working heartily for the Lord.
My heart has been overwhelmed with gratitude this year. I've had unexpected gifts in every form from friends and family. I've received blessing after blessing from my loved ones. 

My mom and dad came up the day before my birthday to celebrate with me. 
On the day of, Ryan brought me my favorite cupcakes from my favorite bakery. 
He and the kids sang happy birthday to me as I made a wish then blew out the candles on my cupcake. I'm so thankful for the example he sets for them in the way that he cares for us. 
We went for a walk that evening and the sunset was absolutely beautiful. 

Ryan also gifted me with tickets for us to see my favorite band!
Saturday we went down to Hilton Head to spend the weekend there.

Ryan has family down there, so we stayed with his Aunt Pat and her friend who are always so gracious to host us and feed us delicious meals! 
By the way, his Aunt Pat grills the best salmon around! 
And for the record, I absolutely adore his family.
We spent Saturday (and most of Sunday) here. It was so nice to relax and enjoy the beach.  
Ryan asked to take me out somewhere for my birthday, so on Saturday (By recommendation of his Aunt Laura) we went to Old Fort Pub. The food was great and the view was breathtaking. 
I'm still processing the way my heart has been moved by such generous, thoughtful, and caring people in my circle.
As I read through Proverbs 31 again today, the verse that stood out to me was verse 25, "She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come." 
Through everything I've encountered over the past year or two I've gained so much strength. I can laugh at the days to come because I know with absolute certainty that God is a good father, He is always faithful, and He gives good gifts to his children. 






No comments:

Post a Comment