Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend recap!

"You are as much serving God in looking after your own children, and training them up in God’s fear, and minding the house, and making your household a church for God, as you would be if you had been called to lead an army to battle for the Lord of hosts." -Spurgeon 

This weekend was one of the sweetest weekends I've had in my season of motherhood. 
My best friend came up from Columbia and the kids and I got to spend the day with her and her precious little girl on Friday. When we are together we are like a tiny village..a family. We love each other's children like they are our own. 
We share everything. Toys and clothes belong to everyone. Scripture is a main topic. The love of Christ is spread generously. There's an abundance of food and refreshments and life is good. 
Friday night I enjoyed a date with Ryan. Our dates where it's just the two of us are sometimes few and far between, so we never take it for granted. One of our favorite things to do is to go golfing then out to dinner. That's exactly what we did Friday night and I enjoyed every minute with him.  
Saturday my mom, dad, grandparents and Aunt came up for Ellie Kate's recital and for Mother's Day. 
I was so excited to see the recital and see her dance. All of the precious ballerina's in the ballet class have been working so hard. I couldn't wait until the dances were revealed. 
I knew Ellie Kate had the lead in one of the dances but I had no idea what to expect. Her teacher has the window covered so that the girls aren't distracted while practicing so I was so anxious to see her perform! 
I watched her light up the stage. 
She was humble and beautiful. She danced with such grace and passion. Her love for dancing was written all over her face. 

I felt a little weepy from the joy of watching her pour herself into something she loves and even more weepy because she is mine. My gift. The one who made me a mommy and the one who God entrusted to me. 
I am so humbled by the gift of both of my children. The are so different but teach me so much. Even in their 'not so good moments' they draw me closer to Jesus. They make me study the bible more so that I'm equipped and prepared for whatever scripture is required for the situation at hand. They keep me in a constant attitude of prayer. We laugh together, cry together, and love hard in our home.  
Im so happy to celebrate these moments not just on Mother's Day but every other day of the year too. 
It was so nice to have my mom, grandmother and Aunt here with me for Mother's Day this year. The men treated us and served us so well yesterday. 
I missed not being able to hug my Meme but I did get to call her! 
Ellie Kate and Jude gave me the most beautiful necklace to wear 'forever'.
I'm pretty sure I will never want to take it off! 
This past weekend and Mother's Day 2015 will forever be etched in my heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment