Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Saturday, October 3, 2015

It's all alright..and lately in photos.


I created this blog not just to share what's happening lately, but more as a vessel for God to use me. 
This space is my offering back to Him in hopes that because of my story, He gets the glory that belongs only to Him. 
"If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 
even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 
your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! 
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you."
Psalm 139:11-18
Lately life has been coming at me full swing, or at least it feels that way. 
I'm no stranger to up's and downs. It's been something I've wrestled with a lot over my life. I think we all do at some point, right?
Seasons of depression come swiftly, without warning, and with no intention of leaving as swiftly as they rush in. 
I'm learning that even though it may feel like it sometimes, it's not the end of the world. 
For me, even though my mind is a million miles from earth in this particular season, I'm introspective, creative and write more from the heart. 
This is proof that God can use the seasons of darkness and sadness just as much as he can use the seasons of gladness. The bottom line is- He loves us no matter what season we are in and He desires to use us in both. 
My sweet mama has been sending me bible verses and encouragement daily. Even when I don't want to, I read it anyway.
While I was cooking and doing my thing in the kitchen tonight these verses came to mind:
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:37-39
It's ok. It's all alright! No matter what season I'm in, high or low, NOTHING can separate me from His love. 
What a relief and a light in the darkest place. 
I often think about the ways God has blessed me. My kiddos, Ryan, my family, you guys, the rest of my tribe, and my faith are what keep me encouraged and remind me to keep persevering.
My little lovebugs are so tender and are watching my every move. It's one of the reasons I know I have to press on even when I don't feel like I can press any further. 
It's also one of the reasons why I believe God's truth that children are such a blessing- 
"Children are a heritage from the Lordoffspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them..." -Psalm 127:4-5

On a lighter note here are some photos from what's been happening lately! 

We haven't been exempt from the rain here in Florence, so today the kids made the best of being inside and played "school". 
We also cheered for the buckeyes after their win against Indiana.
We might have some future buckeye cheerleaders standing in front of us!
I should be laying out my crew's church clothes for tomorrow. Instead, I'm blogging and before this I was in the kitchen making my grandma's recipe for vinegar-based slaw. Its my favorite!! I added some of my own pizazz to it. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to dig in, so I did a few "taste test's" to make sure it was just right.
I had a much needed movie night with Ryan last week while the kids were in Memphis with their Dad and stepmom. 
I also got to have a girls night a few weeks ago with my best friend Erika! 
"Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find." -William Shakespeare
We encourage each other and sharpen each other. She's the one friend who's allowed to criticize me and tell me the truth even when it hurts because I know I can trust her. 


She also challenged me to do the October yoga spice challenge! You can follow me on Instagram if you want to see me look really awkward as I try to do daily yoga poses like this..

No comments:

Post a Comment