Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A world with October's.


When I was younger, I loved to read and my grandad knew it.
He would encourage me to stick with it by bringing me books on all occasions or sometimes just because. 
He'd bring me Nancy Drew, Goosebumps, The Secret Garden, and books from the Anne of Green Gables collection until I had them all. There were so many more but these were my favorite's. Especially Anne of Green Gables! Sometimes I'd stay up all night reading them.
One the quotes I just love is by Lucy M. Montgomery from Anne of Green Gables-"Im so glad we live in a world with October's."
Me too. 
After all, October is my favorite month. 
My favorite month in my favorite season. October, for me, has always brought this burst of warmth. 
Warmth of colors, tastes, and smells. A feeling of comfort and of being home. 
My mom came up on Monday to see the kiddos and help me out because I've been so sick. 
I'm thankful she is close and can be here within a couple of hours. 
She cooked for us and spent extra special time with the kiddos. 
Yesterday I mustered up the energy to get ready and we took the kiddos to the local farmers's market to get a pumpkin. Does anyone else love October's and the Farmers Market as much as I do?!

After much consideration, they each found their 'perfect' pumpkin!


After we got our pumpkins, flowers, hay bale, and a bag of boiled peanuts we headed across the the way so the kids could play on the seesaw. 
We headed home just in time for Hayden and Ryan to drop in and have a visit. 
My mom found skeleton Cheetos at the grocery store. Hayden and Jude had fun finding the pieces to put Mr. Skeleton together. Then they ate him up!
I love simple, soft moments. The ones where you know the memories are dear because of whom you've made them with. Not because of how extravagant or exciting it was; or how smoothly things did or didn't go. 

"After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." - Anne of Avonlea

No comments:

Post a Comment