Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Monday, October 5, 2015

Rain.


Hosea 6:3 is one of my favorite verses. I love the entire passage as well. 
“Come, let us return to the LordHe has torn us to pieces but he will heal us;
he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us;   on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the Lordlet us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:1-3
This is such a beautiful reminder as we pray for the devastation all over our state. It's a reminder that God is faithful, He will heal us, and restore what's been lost.
It's also made me realize that just as the rain has flooded and wrecked parts of my home state of South Carolina, our father in heaven wants to wreck our hearts and flood them with who He is. 
He wants to wreck us so that there is nothing left of us, only Him. 
Something doesn't need restoring until it's completely wrecked. I know this may be a bold prayer, but I pray that God will wreck the depths of my soul until there's only room for Him. That He would restore me in His perfect image. That my heart would be flooded until it's bursting with his mercy, grace and loving-kindness. 
May He come to us like rain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment