Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Friday, May 13, 2016

Take heart.

 
I couldn't help but post what my "real" Mother's Day photo looked like.
I had the sweetest Mother's Day a mom could ask for with these cooky kiddos and Ryan.  
They took me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, we hit the rail trail for a bike ride before church, then snuggled up later that night for popcorn and The lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

For children, Mother's Day is about celebrating your mother; but for us Mama's, it's about celebrating the gift of precious life that has been entrusted to us by a loving Heavenly Father who's faithfulness reaches to the heavens. 

A couple of weeks ago there was a day (more so than on other days) I felt like I was failing miserably at motherhood. One of the kiddos was having a really hard day. Some day's certain things soothe, calm, and comfort. Some day's they don't. Some day's we can put on the game face and stay the course; other day's we all feel like melting down right along with that one sweet kiddo. 

During those moments, along with the "normal" day to day adventures of raising my children, I do my best to use everything as a springboard for the gospel. 

I'm constantly repeating these verses in our home:
"...because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3&4

I feel like I reference scripture a million times a day whenever we are dealing with different situations. At times I feel like my little's are all ears; other times I feel like they just nod and smile while dreaming of baby dolls or super heroes..

When I'm having a rough day I often neglect the truth that the lord hears our prayers and willingly intercedes on our behalf. 
He's always faithful and he reminds us of that in so many ways. 
Sometimes it's a small whisper in the form of a handwritten note in your Mother's Day card. 

When I read this, humble gratitude filled my soul while tears filled my eyes. 

When we are in the thick of the "messy" moments of motherhood (the late nights, early mornings, disagreements, and trials) it can feel like it's the end of the world and we are failing at our job as mother's. Maybe those are the moments that allow our children to see that God can turn a mess into a blessing, and that even Mama's needs grace. 
It gives them a first hand glimpse of why we need Jesus everyday, and a picture of his faithful kindness. 

Take heart, Mama's...
We aren't in this parenting thing alone.
"The lord will fight for us; we need only to be still."

I read this during a quiet time: Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." 

While we don't always know what He is up to or what he's preparing us for during those trying, "praying-knees" to the floor, wish we could wake up and start over moments, what we can be sure of is that it's always for our good and His glory



No comments:

Post a Comment