Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Friday, January 9, 2015

Messes.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart;yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. -Ecclesiastes 3:11


I said in a few blog post's last year that I was going to make a point to find beauty in places that were unlikely.
I meant it.
Last weekend was one of those weekends. I was trying to get things ready for Monday. It was the first day back to school from the break and if i didn't have the house and everything else in order before the kids got back from their Dad's..it likely wouldn't get done in a timely manner. I was almost finished when the kids arrived. I was so excited. It had only been 44 hours since I had last seen them but I was more than ready to love on them. I got their things then grabbed the last bag. The last bag- A plastic grocery bag with boots that had a huge mess on the bottom and sides of them.
I took them straight to the back yard to sanitize and hose them off. I wanted to cry.
I really just wanted to spend time loving on my children after they'd been gone and especially before school started back and things got hectic again. The last thing I wanted to do was spend time cleaning a nasty mess off of my daughter's boots.
I still wanted to cry about it later that night, but the more I thought about it the more I was humbled; the more I realized that this was simply a metaphor of what Christ did for me.
2 Corinthians 5:21 say's, " God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."
I thought about this verse..about how Jesus cleaned up messes that didn't belong to him.
My mess. Your mess.
He gave us beauty instead of ashes. He cleaned up our mess so that we could be spotless.
Despite my continual sin even as a believer, he still loves me and continues cleaning up messes that aren't his. He desires to love on me over cleaning up those messes.
If I as my children's earthly mother would rather be loving on my children over cleaning up a mess imagine how much more our heavenly father wants that.

I hope you have a happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment