Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Now we are six!

My youngest is 6 today. Happy 6th birthday monkey Jude. He might be growing faster than the speed of light, but I see him- the way his hair does that swirly thing at the top, the specks of brown in his hazel blue eyes, the way he wiggles his left fingers when he is trying to concentrate on using his right hand, the way his eyebrows raise when he's accomplished something new or how his nose crinkles when he thinks something is silly. I hear his heart when he is asking about the stories during bible time and how he is always so hungry for more. 


He asked me to read him this poem by A.A. Milne over and over last night and today. 

When I was one,

I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.

I know he can't be six forever, but sometimes I don't know if my Mama-heart can't take him growing up this quickly. I'm just soaking it all in and holding on to every piece of these days that are somehow turning into years.💙 




No comments:

Post a Comment