Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Monday, July 21, 2014

Ellie Kate's space and Saturday!

This past Saturday, was an absolute blast for this creative soul. I spent the entire day painting with my Jude dude, writing and doing a little interior decorating. It was great!


I also got to observe this beautiful double rainbow with Jude at the end of our day and explain to him about God's promise and His faithfulness to His people. 
As for the rest of Saturday...

I'll just start by explaining that the kids are sharing a room in my new place. The thought of a seven year old and her three year old brother sharing a room day in and day out (especially during the summer days) sounds terrifying right? Surprisingly, they are doing exceptionally well. Each space is split smack dab down the middle by their adorable rugs and both kids have been more that respectful of each others space.
Jude's side looks so cool, but Ellie Kate's not-so-age-appropriate décor didn't look quite as cool. So like any budgeting Mom, after we got settled in a few weeks ago I started keeping my eye out for major bargains.  Believe it or not, I managed to cover her walls and bought her a brand new comforter and sham for just under $75.00.
I found most of the wall décor at Hobby Lobby. The three princess pictures were from target a few years ago but this adorable chalkboard and burlap banner (hobby lobby) was $5 bucks! I added the burlap ribbon (which ended up looking like little roses) to cover the unsightly nails I used.

I love that the added ribbon kinda goes with the rose theme above the next picture.. which are both also from hobby lobby.

Can you believe this picture (again, from hobby lobby) was $2.80?! (I added more burlap ribbon above it to add a little flare.)



I'll be honest, I really wanted to keep this one for myself. How beautiful is this picture of Psalm 51:10?!


And this comforter with matching sham?  Target. I have been eyeing it for a while and finally managed to score it for $10!!

Ek came home from spending the week with my mom to find her side of the room totally made over and she loved it! 

As for my painting, I only got 1/4 of the way through it.. I know it's nothing exceptional at this point. It's a work in progress; It's messy, undone, flawed and certainly not 'nice looking'. 
 I love this quote I found on Instagram recently "She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something." 
I will finish it at some point. In the meantime, you can look forward to a blog post on it up next! 








2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. How creative you are! I keep wishing for more time in my day to do the creative things my heart craves. Little bit by bit, I am making room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! Yes, make room for those creative cravings! It's good for your soul;-)

      Delete