Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This is my favorite season!

For everything there is a season, a time and a purpose for every activity under heaven.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
            I always get so excited when fall arrives! I absolutely love it! Fall is hands down, my favorite season. It’s so inviting, so warm and cozy. I love the many colors and the sharp scent of all those crisp leaves. (I also like fall because winter follows and Christmas is my favorite holiday!)
            I was listening to my Nicole Nordeman CD a few days ago and Ellie Kate noticed the song “Every Season”. She said, “Mom, I know those. The seasons!”(Except she thought the song was talking about her friend autumn until I explained that sometimes fall is referred to as autumn.) I told her that God designed each season to carry out a specific job to prepare for the next season. I explained that trees and plants go through a transformation each season. They have to get rid of the leaves and flowers they already have, so they can make new, more beautiful ones. I was also able to talk to her, in a way a child can understand, about how our life has seasons and that God teaches us things as we go through them but no matter what he is always there with us. He is preparing our hearts for the next season and by the end we have a new, more beautiful heart.
            There are so many season’s we go through in life. Some fly by and some seem to linger on and on…..and on! I can’t think of one that I’ve been through however, that God was not there with me; adolescence, a life, a death(or death’s), falling in love, college, marriage, a new job, moving, raising a family, and moving again!
            My present season has brought me to being a mommy to two wonderful children. Staying up late, waking up early. Taking care of my home and my loved one’s in it. Cleaning toilets and dirty diapers. Being spit-up on! Just the other day, a lady at church asked if she could hold Jude. “Of course”, I said without hesitation (I know her so I didn’t mind) I warned her that he smelled like spit-up because he has reflux and well, he had just spit-up. She smiled and said, “I don’t mind and don’t worry this smell only last for a season.” She couldn’t have put it any better! A season! That’s all it is. And before I know it, this season of motherhood will pass. All I will have to reflect upon are the sweet memories of them, and the wisdom given in those quiet moments with God in his word, while everyone was asleep. So as it is, in the seasons of life, the early stage of Motherhood- with all its funny smells, late nights and hard work. This is my favorite!



3 comments:

  1. I love this, Jennifer! I couldn't have described this season better. One day we will miss the spit-up smell.. you are an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very encouraging to read this and to be able to think of my life as seasons. Definitely helps me to think about the way things are and how the hard stuff is going to pass. I love that you're blogging now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was carrying Jake to the car today on the way to church, he said, "Are you carrying me 'cause you don't want me to get dirty before church?" I said, "No. I am carrying you because soon you will be too big for Mommy to carry anymore. So I want to carry you while you are still little. Okay?" He groaned a little. He wants to be a big boy, but I am gonna milk all the baby I can out of him!!!

    ReplyDelete