Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Thursday, November 20, 2014

My ministry.

Mommy. 
I hear it countless times a day. 
It's the one thing I knew I wanted to be when I grew up. 
When I looked at my future I never really had a picture in my mind of what motherhood would look like for me but I knew that's what I wanted. 
When I was a young teenager aside from being a mommy I also wanted to be in the ministry in some way. 
I served at summer camps, volunteered for VBS, taught GA's and sunday school at my mom's church.  After I graduated highschool I served alongside others in youth ministry until 2005.
I served my last youth group in October of 2005. 
I thought my days of "full-time" ministry were over, but what I didn't realize is that it was far from over. 
I became a mommy in 2006 to Ellie Kate. 

And a mommy to this little firecracker, Jude in 2010. 

This. Is. My. Ministry.
These two precious little one's are my ministry, and ministry has never been more important to me. 
To teach my kids the gospel and to show them a love like Jesus is the most important thing I can do in their fragile little lives. 
I read this quote recently,
"I have learned that I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, change the world for one person. So I keep stopping and loving one person at a time. Because this is my call as a Christian." -Katie Davis
This really hit home for me not only as a Christian, but as a mom. 
As a mom I have a lot of great days, but a lot of bad ones too. I'm not always the perfect, sweet little mom I desire to be, but it's usually on those days that God meets me where I am and uses my failures to show Ellie Kate and Jude what grace is all about. 
And so I keep stopping, in the good and bad moments of motherhood and loving on each of my children, one at a time. Because this is not just my call as a christian; this is my call as a mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment