Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Friday, November 14, 2014

Beautiful things.

Beautiful things don't ask for attention. 


I saw this quote and it hasn't stopped replaying in my mind. 
So many thoughts dance around in my head when I consider this quote, 
but the main thought is this: 
Beautiful things don't ask for attention because they don't have to. They just are.
Beautiful things can be seen and felt all around us. Whether it's the way a woman mothers her child(ren) and/or cares for others, a piece of art, a flower growing in an odd place or the picture of grace and mercy in an undeserving life.
Beautiful things don't ask for attention...we are drawn to them like a moth to a flame. The very essence of beauty captivates us and in some way consumes us in a moments notice. 

I think we could agree that we all love looking at beautiful things- tangible or intangible. 
Beauty touches us emotionally, gives pleasure to our senses, and awakens our soul.

I've had a lot of blogger friends who choose a 'word' for the year. I've done this once before but never really stuck with it.
I don't know that this will necessarily be my 'word for the year' but for now I'm focusing on the word Beauty.
I want to seek out beauty all around me and let it consume me. I want to illuminate a beauty that comes from within.
I love 1 Peter 3 but as I focus on Beauty I want to embrace 1 Peter 3:3-4 which says,
"3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."


This part of the verse stood out to me mainly because it's of great worth in God's sight-
"the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit...",

but also because it's gives clarity,

"beautiful things don't ask for attention."

Have a wonderful weekend friends!


Below are a few photos of things that remind me of beautiful things I've seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment