Love for a lifetime

Love for a lifetime

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Oreo truffle recipe and a Halloween treat!

It has been such a busy week around here! Somehow, amidst doing all the things a mommy of a 7 year old and a 4 year old finds herself doing, I realized (at 7:30 p.m!) I completely overlooked putting together a little Halloween treat for Ellie Kate's teacher. I had to brainstorm and come up with something quickly. I always try to keep things on hand for these types of occasions, but it was slim pickings around here. With no other options available I ran to Target to pick up the ingredients for one of my favorite sweet treats- 
Oreo Truffles <found here>.
While scouring the Halloween aisle for anything I could find.. I found these fun little hats. Jack pot!

I had a mason jar at home from a craft we did last year so I grabbed a hat and threw it in my basket. It fit perfectly on top of my jar to add a little Halloween pizazz!
I also found these assorted Halloween themed sprinkles for the truffles!

After the truffles were complete, I added them to the jar, sealed it, then glued the hat to the top. I felt like it needed a little something extra, so I added some ribbon from my craft closet and labeled the jar!



No comments:

Post a Comment